Petteril Bank School Council
At Petteril Bank Community School we promote the idea of being a listening school where children’s views are valued. Each class elects a representative to form the School Council, which meets regularly throughout the term. Class representatives raise concerns and put forward suggestions as to how certain aspects of school life can be managed or improved after class discussions. The children are able to submit their own suggestions in our School Council suggestions box and they are also encouraged to nominate a star pupil each half term.
School Council NEWS!!! Spring 2
- Thank you to all the pupils and parents who took the time to nomiate a charity to fund raise for in school. The School Council chose four charities to put forward and after a whole school vote ‘Petteril Bank Care Home’ was chosen.
- The School Council would like to offer their congratulations to ‘Hufflepuff’ who were the winners of the Autumn term house points awards!
- A big congratuations to Lincoln and Jordan who were the winners of the Autumn term pupil nominations. Lincoln was nominated by Katie for ‘making his friends laugh’ and Jordan was nominated by Kai for ‘improved handwriting and earning a handwriting pen’ –Well Done!!
- Thank you to all who participted in our first school competition ‘reflecting what our school means to you on a school shield’ We had some excellent enteries and prizes went out to members of each class.
- We had an excellent E-Safety day in school on Tuesday 9th February, the chidlren all made e-safety posters and Mr Nichols delivered sessions in each class as well as a parents drop in throughout the day to rasie awareness! Congrautlations to the following children who won prizes: Jessica and Kai in Hufflepuff, Deniz and Niamh in Ravenclaw, Riana and Neve in Slytherin and Owen and Jodie in Gryffindor
- Don’t forget to keep bringing in your coppers for our ‘Make Every Copper Count’ jar. This money will now go to our chosen charity ‘Petteril Bank Care Home’
- The School Council and Eco club would like to thank everybody for their recycling efforts in school. It is great to see plastic, and cardboard recycling and scrap paper trays being used in every class.
Our next competition is more of a celebration! The School will be holding a ‘inspirational child’ day in school on the 15th March and we would like to build on this. The pupils will be making a tree at the front of school and will be placing cards and ribbons next to it! We would like you write down someone who inspires you and why on the cards and place them on our ‘Inspiration tree!’
School Council disscusion points!!!
Our current discussion points are as follows, please think about these and report your ideas to your class representative for the next meeting
- The School Council are currently reviewing playground equipment, we would like you to think of what type of play equipment you would like to see on the yard at lunchtimes and how this can be managed.
- Mrs Harland has asked the School Counil to report on which after school clubs the chidlren would like to be avalibale for the following half terms. Which do you enjoy most? Are there any new clubs you would like to attend?
- The School Council would like children to think about how we could imporve management of the school hall during lunchtimes. It is a busy area and we would like your suggestions on how we could can make lunch times easier.
- We would like to hold a fund raising event for our chosen charity ‘Petteril Bank Care home’ please can you think of some fun ideas and bring them to the next meeting.